slimRAW v1.8.2 (10/16/2017)
- Improved handling of corrupted compressed input.
- OS X version: slimRAW now notifies the OS when processing is in progress to prevent the system from sleeping due to lack of user activity.
slimRAW v1.8.1 (06/10/2017)
- Improved compatibility with DNG raw images from some stills cameras.
- The "Don't recompress any compressed input" option now applies metadata changes from metadata related options on compressed input files. Previously, with this option enabled any compressed input would go to output unmodified.
slimRAW v1.8.0 (02/23/2017)
- Added 7:1 lossy CinemaDNG compresson mode.
- Added support for Magic Lantern in-camera lossless DNG stills.
slimRAW v1.7.1 (11/21/2016)
- Added an option to manipulate Digital Bolex D16 DNG metadata so that black level related issues are minimized. This is unrelated to compression.
slimRAW v1.7.0 (11/10/2016)
- slimRAW can now downscale CinemaDNG to 50% of the original horizontal and vertical resolution, i.e. it can produce 1080p DNG/CinemaDNG from 2160p DNG/CinemaDNG, 2K from 4K, 2.3K from 4.6K, etc. to enable workflows with CinemaDNG raw proxies. Read more on working with raw proxies here.
- Added the ability to override the DNG white level metadata of the output.
- Some performance optimizations.
slimRAW v1.6.0 (07/18/2016)
- Added 10-bit log encoded lossless compression mode.
- Added two variable bitrate lossy CinemaDNG compression modes.
- Added 5:1 lossy CinemaDNG compresson mode.
- A non-linear companding curve is now applied on linear raw data before lossy compression for increased quality in the darks.
- Added support for monochrome DNG/CinemaDNG files.
slimRAW v1.5.2 (05/09/2016)
- Added support for 10-bit DNG/CinemaDNG. In particular, high frame rate 10-bit CinemaDNG from the DJI X5R is now supported.
slimRAW v1.5.1 (04/13/2016)
- slimRAW lossless CinemaDNG output now circumvents a bug in Adobe Premiere Pro CC where Premiere would render CinemaDNG from Kinefinity cameras and the DJI X5R as too dark.
slimRAW v1.5.0 (03/31/2016)
- Lossy CinemaDNG from Blackmagic Design cameras and slimRAW itself can now be converted to lossless CinemaDNG. This allows CinemaDNG import in applications which can't open lossy CinemaDNG.
- Added support for DJI Zenmuse X5R CinemaDNG raw.
- Added optional sound notification on finished processing.
- Fixed an issue with elapsed time display in the case of long processing times.
- Some performance optimizations.
slimRAW v1.4.0 (01/11/2016)
- Added 3:1 and 4:1 lossy CinemaDNG compression modes.
- OS X version: support for virtual file systems (and MLVFS, in particular).
slimRAW v1.3.0 (07/13/2015)
- Added an optional second output. slimRAW can now save losslessly compressed output to two locations simultaneously. A typical use case: CinemaDNG and DNG files can be offloaded with on-the-fly (re)compression to main storage and backup storage simultaneously, with optional checksum generation and verification.
- Minor usablility improvements.
slimRAW v1.2.0 (06/01/2015)
- slimRAW can now recompress CinemaDNG/DNG files that are already losslessly compressed. This will usually further optimize their size. In particular, losslessly compressed CinemaDNG video from all the Blackmagic Design cameras can now be recompressed.
- Fine-tuned compression profiles. This version compresses 0.5-2% better compared to the previous version.
- Added a Maximum compression option.
- Added a Fastest option which also doubles as an Apple OS X 10.9 Preview/Finder compatibility option.
- Experimental support for (re)compressing DNG stills. slimRAW can now be used to get DNG stills into Premiere/SpeedGrade.
- Significant performance improvements.
slimRAW v1.1.1 (04/28/2015)
- Fixed a nuisance with auto verification where it would also verify checksums in any folders already pre-existing in the output location, this way unnecessarily increasing verification time.
slimRAW v1.1.0 (04/27/2015)
- Added an option to automatically verify that output has been correctly written to storage after the compression/copy process.
- Added trial mode.
slimRAW v1.0.0 (04/21/2015)
- Initial release